DIY: Bridal Survival Kit!
Your wedding will be one of the best days of your life. Weddings Nosara prides ourselves on providing exceptional service to take the pressure off of brides so that they don’t have to stress and worry about their big day. One of our secrets that is essential to have on hand, is an emergency survival kit for the bride. We encourage anyone planning a wedding to have one of these available for the bride (when using a wedding planner or not!) Even with all the planning in the world, it is never a bad idea to be over-prepared for little hiccups that may pop up along the way as the bride and her guests are enjoying the day and dancing the night away. We always want weddings to go as smooth as possible, and having this kit on hand will surely make the day that much better! This little DIY project would best be passed on to the Maid of Honor or someone close to the bride that will make sure the bride stays happy and comfortable throughout the day and into the night.
First, find a cute bag that would be big enough to hold your emergency goodies. Some fun suggestions would be a nice purse that is made up of one or more of the wedding colors, or have a bag with “Bridal Survival Kit” embroidered on it or written on with rhinestones or sparkly paint. You want the bag to be compact enough that it won’t take up too much space, is easy to carry, and is small enough that the bride can easily access it if and when she needs it.
Next, you can print this blog page as your personal checklist and shop away! Note: These are all suggestions so feel free to pick and choose what you think would most come in handy.
- Toiletries like tampons/pads, band-aids, q-tips, little pack of tissues, travel mouthwash, toothbrush, dental floss, travel sized deodorant, hand sanitizer, eye drops, extra contact lenses (if the bride wears contacts)
- Beauty products such as lip gloss or lipstick, small can of hairspray, clear nail polish and nail polish in the bride’s shade, baby powder, body lotion, sunblock, little sample size of perfume, mini waterproof mascara, small hairbrush or comb, nail file, bug spray, safety pins, bobby pins, tweezers, face wipes
- Mini sewing kit, extra pantyhose, stain remover stick, fabric tape, lint roller, roll up flats (for if someone breaks a heel), dryer sheets (to fix static cling), veil weights (if the day is very windy and you’re having the ceremony outside)
- Gum, mints, breath spray
- Mini first aid kit and medicine such as Benadryl, Pain Reliever, Tums
- Essential oils that calm such as lavender, sandalwood, rosemary, and chamomile
- Small snacks like granola bars, energy bars, or a small coffee or energy drink for when the bride needs a little power up!